EPA Lead Guidlines
New EPA lead guidelines and what you need to know.
Effective April 22, 2010, ALL contractors working on any child-occupied building built before 1978 must be certified and follow lead-safe practices.
- Take training to learn how to perform lead-safe work practices.
- Learn the lead laws that apply to your project regarding certification and lead-safe work practices.
- Keep records to demonstrate that the contractors employees are trained in lead-safe work practices and that they follow
lead-safe work practices on the job.
It is important to note that these work practices may be waived under these conditions:
- The home or child occupied facility was built after 1978.
- The repairs are minor, with interior work disturbing less than 6 square feet or exteriors disturbing less than 20 square feet being exempt.
- If the house or components test lead free by a Certified Risk Assessor, Lead Inspector or Certified Renovator.